Founded in 2007, Get Into Medical School aims to;
• Guide, encourage, and enthuse applicants to medicine
• Promote a level playing field among applicants, regardless of educational, familial, or social backgrounds
• Increase the success rates of those applicants dedicated to a career in medicine.
The prospect of a medical school application and interview may be a daunting experience for some, particularly school leavers and recent graduates who make up a large proportion of attendees.
Headed up by Drs Neel Burton and Chris Chopdar, GeMS offers courses throughout the year aimed at strengthening the various components of your medical school application, including personal statement, UKCAT, BMAT, and interview skills.
For those seeking extra guidance, Get into Medical School provides one-to-one coaching with medically qualified tutors on all aspects of the medical school application process. It also runs a week-long intensive Summer School in August each year in the beautiful and historical grounds of Exeter College, in the heart of Oxford, which is ideal for those who cannot easily attend the one-day courses.
10 good reasons to choose Get Into Medical School
- 1. A programme that specialises in getting into medical school and nothing else.
- 2. A programme that has been running for many years.
- 3. Medically qualified tutors with a lot of experience of getting people into medical school.
- 4. A comprehensive set of four unique courses to cover applications, UKCAT, BMAT, and interview skills.
- 5. An Oxford summer school that brings together all our expertise.
- 6. Additional or separate one-to-one coaching available on request.
- 7. Our courses inspired the books ‘Get into UK Medical School for Dummies’ and ‘UKCAT for Dummies’.
- 8. The chance to visit Oxford and experience the surrounds of a 700-year-old Oxford college.
- 9. The chance to share ideas and experiences with other aspiring medical students.
- 10. Most importantly, a very high success rate for getting you into medical school.
Feedback from previous GeMS courses
I am the only person at my school applying for medicine, so the course gave me an invaluable opportunity to meet other prospective applicants.
A very helpful day run by people with an in-depth knowledge of the application process.
No vague talk, no gimmicks—did exactly what it says on the tin, and then some.
I just got an email from UCAS confirming that X has offered me a place! ... I feel your coaching made all the difference, especially when it came to the interview. Thank you.
My only regret is that I did not come the first time round.
...definitely the best investment I’ll ever make.